Saturday, April 24, 2010

Update & pictures!
















So I've been getting used to Facebook over the last week, so that's why I haven't posted anything. There are several people who go there for updates rather than the blog, although the blog tends to have a lot more detail with explaining things. So here's the scoop:
Chris has been on breast milk since Wednesday, and hasn't had a problem spitting up once. We are overjoyed that he is having less and less feeding problems. He still doesn't drink much from a bottle but we are slowly working him into that again. Everyone who has seen him says he is growing, but it's hard for me to picture that, since I'm here with him all the time.
In other exciting news, it has been descovered that there is a possibility that the breast milk that was transported from Emmanuel is spoiled. So I'll be throwing most of that out....sigh.
We are unsure of Chris's current weight as the Cocoon nurse for Clatsop county is having "difficulty" getting to our home to do a home visit (which is her primary responsibility). She has repeatedly told us that she is totally "booked up" , to which I have responded that she needs to see us weekly irregaurdless, since that's what the cardiologist and dietition want. I refuse to take him into the Health Dept. or Pediatritions office just for a weight, when he may or may not be exposed to all manner of icky cawcaw germs.
In the meantime, he is spending more time awake, and interacting with everyone. He smiles and coos and is a joy to have at home finally. He is the most easy going baby, and rarely cries unless hungry or dirty. He does like to be held a lot, which is sometimes hard with everything going on. But, since he's on his back so much, I try to hold him quite a bit, since we were told not to place him on his tummy too much ( he has many large incisions that may still be tender). When he is on his tummy, he seems to me to be comfortable and looks around and holds his head up very well. He may or may not always be a bit behind other kids, due to being on a paralitic for so long, and not being able to be held or moved much, until his incisions were pretty well healed.

So, I know everyone likes some pictured now and then. Most of my pictures I take are of Tyler, and I'll explain why. Anthony is at school roughly 9 hours a day. Christopher is alseep roughly 20 hours a day. And Tyler is up with me other than a 2 hour mid-day nap. I wish I could get more of Tony, but he also goes over to his mom's on the weekends, plus he's at that age where it not cool to get your picture taken. Don't tell him I said that. Much love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment