Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Back to Emmanuel

Hi everyone. I just wanted to update everyone and let you all know that although Christopher is doing well overall, we are headed back to Emmanuel today. He is having constant feeding issues, and we are at a loss as to what is causing them. I originally thought that the really crappy pump we were given was the problem. Well it was a problem, but not THE problem. I then thought maybe we were giving him his meds too close to mealtimes. But no luck there either. I also realized that when I offered him a bottle as well as pump fed him, he was more likely to spit up. Well I changed all that and he's still doing it. He is constantly spitting up after every feeding, and not just formula. How is he supposed to get bigger when he can't keep anything down. He's not spitting up everything, but he is spitting up more consistently than before. Earlier, it was once or twice a day. Now it's almost every time he eats. So we are on our way back to Emmanuel to see the dietitian and the speech pathologist. Hopefully someone will have some suggestions we haven't tried. The annoying thing is that we were there on Friday, and asked about this stuff, and no one seemed too worried. I also asked before being discharged from Peds. So I hope someone can tell us something. Send a prayer or two (or more) our way, for safe travel, and some kind of helpful response at the appointment. Thank you and we love you. Will post more pictures soon.

2 comments:

  1. Sophie had to see a speech pathologist too about her lung problems to see if it was digestion problems, it wasnt. I wonder if he has a bad case of acid reflux, hopefully if that is the case it is easy to treat, but more medicine for him. Good luck, I'm sure they will figure it out. We will keep him and you guys in our prayers. Hang in there, I know what it feels like when you are trying to tell the doctors or nurses something and they just don't seem to listen. Hopefully they will listen to you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rach and Rob! Hoping for a good report from your doctor visit! Praying all day!
    love you Aunt Patti

    ReplyDelete