Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Graduating!!!

Hello everyone. I am updating on Christopher's progress for the day. We came over to visit little man this morning and were told we are graduating to Ped's! Hooray! It is a good thing as we are no longer in intensive care...but it is also scary because we have very sparse nurses. So you go from having a healthy newborn, to a terribly sick newborn, to a newborn with a congenital heart defect, to open heart surgery, to pacemaker placement surgery, to chylothorax, to a thoracotomy, to recovery in PICU, all with outstanding care and great one on one nurses, to now doing almost everything ourselves. We feel like he is breakable, but with some minor differences, he's just like a regular newborn. Dr. Chang said we may be going home this week. We will let you know how it all plays out. We are nervous but excited. Thank you all for love and prayers. God bless you all.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    We are soooo glad that Christopher is doing better. We have been keeping him and your family in your prayers. It is so scary to have a sick child. Our little Sophie has had some health problems but nothing compared to what your little guy has gone through. I just found out about your blog from my mom so I had to check it out and see how he was doing. Hang in there I know it can be really rough not knowiong what every day will be like. Take care.
    Sian Bell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys! I am going to Grandma Mona's for the weekend so I won't be able to get online. I'll get Rick to check your blog for me. Lot's of prays going your way. I kept imagining what it might be like going home and know you will have challenges, I pray for your strength and peace of mind. love and hugs! Aunt Patti

    ReplyDelete