Saturday, March 13, 2010

Christopher is my HERO!

Hello everyone. I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on how Christopher is doing. He was extubated at 8:30 am and his 9:30 blood gases looked awesome. I was finally able to see most of his face! He still has a feeding tube going in his nose and a nasal cannula. Which compared to last time he was extubated and he had the c-pap, I could see less of his face than when he's all taped up with the ventilator. Should be doing another blood gas soon and I'll let you know the results. He is still putting out a lot of lymphatic fluid out of his plurual caths, he put out 70 cc's since 8 this morning. He's being put back on TPN (essentially gatorade) for now since he was just extubated, which should help with the fluid. The nurse gave him a binky which he latched right onto. He was trying to cry when I checked on him earlier but was hoarse from swelling. He is on steroids for that. But as soon as he was swaddled he went right to sleep. He loves his little skunk and bear that are in his bed with him. I will update later tonight after I've talked to a cardiologist we can track down. Not to many updates over the weekend from the doc's because Dr. Chang makes most of the major decisions and he doesn't work on the weekend. Keep us in your prayers and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment