Sunday, August 29, 2010

oh the excitement!

Well..... I truly have nothing to blog about right now. I just thought I would update since I haven't in awhile. I had an awesome 25th b-day on August 19th. I know how excited you all are to hear what I received. I got an awesome sports bra from my Madre for doing my cardio, kick-boxing, and hopefully someday running. Those of you who truly know me will know why I am so excited about that. I got some dinero from various family members which I used to have an at home spa night (avocado mask, painted toes, and bubble bath) which was much needed. I also purchased a few pairs of really awesome earrings, since I can never find matching ones. I got a beautiful porcelain doll from my Granny, to add to the already awesome collection she has given me over the years. The significance to this one is it is the Native American Halona Doll. Which means "Happy treasure" or "Happy fortune". Halona also happens to be my middle name. Receiving this doll really reminded me of a lot of things that I "treasure" and that I am "fortunate" to have! My family (my awesome Granny and Poppy for sure!) My children, my husband, my brothers, and my parents ! Also all my wonderful aunts, uncles, grandmas, and grandpas, cousins, and friends, who all wished me a happy birthday!

Other than that it's been pretty quiet around here. (which we are very thankful for) Anthony has caught some super big Chinook that any skilled fisherman would be proud (or jealous) of. He starts school this year (big 8th grader) on his birthday September 7th, at which time he will officially become a teenager!!!!! Dun Dun Dun.

Tyler has been a little Tasmanian devil lately, whose primary goal in a day is to run around like a tornado and destroy everything in his path. I am hoping since the last surgery to really spend some QUALITY time with the little guy, who has had a very chaotic year so far. He is a very good helper though, and when made to adhere to a routine, and take adequate naps, is quite a charmer.

Christopher continues to grow, and is the happiest, smiliest (I don't think that's a word) baby that I have ever come across. I know I have always been told that somethings wrong if your baby doesn't cry. But I have to tell you, he is not a cryer and is doing very very well. He is slowly but surely putting on weight, but we are told he will never be big. That is fine. I have heard that great things come in small packages! His little face lights up when he sees Tyler or Anthony! He really loves his big brothers. I bet he can't wait to go fishing or play trucks or go to the park with them!

Robert has been busy planning our Crab Feed event in the fall. It's been a big deal every year for a long time. But for some reason it feels like a bigger deal this year. Other than that he's working and trying to divide his time up equally (easier said than done). He is a trooper and we are all grateful for him.

I have taken some pictures and video that I need to download and put on here, but for lack of a better excuse, I am already out of time for now. I will do my best to get something fun on here soon! We love you all and are thankful for each of you. You are a blessing in our lives and we are honored to call you friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment