Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A day in our life in Pictures...

So, I know I've been promising for awhile now, that I'm going to post some super awesome photos, and I will. Hopefully they won't be irrelevant by the time I post them either, say when Chris is graduating or something. I have told a few folks about how I often go camera happy and take approximately 97 photos all in one day, and then don't take any more for about a week. Well today is one such day. Now, in case some of you weren't aware, the purpose of a blog is to give the appearance of a super-exciting existence. I won't lie....mine is actually super-exciting. So, sit back and enjoy this day in our life.

We awoke as usual, and did our normal lazy day-off routine (with the exception of Tony, whom went to school bright and early, like a diligent young lad should). We ate some breakfast and hoe-hummed around for a bit. We are not great at getting out the door early...unless there is a doctor appointment or fishing. We proceeded to load up Copper as we planned on running him at the beach. This is what we saw when we got there.




There was supposed to be a super amusing video right here, but blogger's video upload is not functioning right now. If the video were there you would see that the water comes all the way up to the beach access. It would be extremely difficult for Copper to run and for us to drive with the tide so high.

We decided to take the clan down to Seaside to do some Christmas shopping. We had to use a little trickery with Tyler, but I think he will be very surprised when he opens his presents. We grabbed some lunch at Tokyo Teriyaki, which is my new favorite place. Robert loves sushi, but I'm not a huge fan. I've tried it. I've experienced it. It's not my thing. But the great thing about Tokyo, is it has sushi and generic oriental food, like pan fried noodles and spicy sauteed chicken and onions!!!! Mom made Tyler an Origami crane while we waited for our food, and tried to calm his frustration for not using his chopsticks very efficiently. We ate all our cabbage and broccoli too. I didn't have a whole lot of photo-ops during this portion of our day, but I think you all get the idea.


Next, we decided to try the beach again, thinking that the tide would be out a little more, and we really did intend to get that dog to the beach and run!!!! This is our view.









If you look closely at this one, it kinda looks like snowy mountains. I'm weird. You're not the first to point that out.





The tide has to be pretty high for Peter Iredale to be this far submerged. Plus, I think it's kind of eerie with it sticking out of the frothy waves. I did take this in a moving vehicle, whilst trying not to get stuck in the soft sand, so don't judge. :)






This one has Copper's paw prints in it, and although this is a deceivingly calm looking photo, the sand was blowing around so hard, I think it resurfaced the left side of my face. Copper could've cared less about the wind and was ssssooooooo happy to be free!!! I am a silly girl, and didn't get any pics of Copper in all his glory, but I give you my word those are his tracks.


Then, we all tried not to get stuck in the soft sand at the beach access, which isn't scraped usually, except in the summer, and raced to the grocery store for a wow-factor dinner. On the way, we turned around to find a very quiet back seat.



Mom sat in the truck while dad went inside for the fixin's of a special treat. It was a tradition that my mom started and I wanted to pass on to my boys.












It's still hard to tell the size just based on the fork and fry sizes, seeing as different people have different sized utensils and fies come in many sizes. Let's just say, that to make the burger, I used 3 lbs of hamburger. My master chef, grill-master, and otherwise Picasso of Food, grilled it to perfection. In this photo, the food definitely tastes as good as it looks.


We finished the evening with root beer Popsicles, baths, and stories. We were all pretty tired. And that is a day in our life! Enjoy and feel free to comment, message me, and leave input, thoughts, stories of your own. I love to keep in touch with all of you. Huge hugs!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day. P.S. I like to feed your hamster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! wish I could hang out with you guys!!! My girl friend was over today and said that picture of Santa and Chris, (which is on my desktop) would make an awesome Christmas card. I agree, that picture is precious. Love n hugs to you guys!

    ReplyDelete