Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Mother Load...

Hi guys,


I know I haven't been very diligent about posting lately. I could give you a laundry list or even a grocery list of excuses as to why, but, I mainly have stayed away from posting due to anxiety and stress. I don't wish to use my blog as a venting/complaining venue. That's not to say I will only post when there is rainbows and My Little Ponies to write about, but, I simply don't wish to bring everyone else down. That being said, my less than savory mood as of late, is mainly due to our non-weatherized (understatement) home, Robert's recent lay-off, and Chris' upcoming angioplasty. I also have been having some pretty rough emotional highs and lows in regards to recalling where my family was this time last year. I have pretty much tried my very best to put on a brave face for the world, while deep (or not so deep) down I am overwhelmed. I am overwhelmed by all manner of things.


Too many to list, but the short list is, I'm overwhelmed by:


  • fear of the unknown

  • lack of knowledge

  • 3 yr old tantrums

  • rain puddles in my yard

  • my big dog

  • my responsibilities

  • testosterone

  • never ending laundry

and the list could go on... I wanted to say that I am even more overwhelmed by:



  • love from all my boys

  • love from friends

  • love from strangers

  • generosity

  • selflessness of others

  • children's laughs

  • good food

  • kind words

  • hugs

  • kisses

  • snuggles

  • tolerance of all who know me

  • the Lord's mercy

  • the Lord's love

  • my hubby's spontaneity (in a good way)

This turned into a weird post, but hey, I must've needed to say all that. I was originally going to post a metric butt-load of pics and vids, and I still will. I guess I just needed to preface my last few months this way. So here is some pics and vids of some of what's been going on. These are way out of order but enjoy anyway!




Birthday cookie fruit pizza thing Mom and I made for Aunt Mollie even though after everyone (except mom) got a piece, it still ended up going down the road with me, hhmmmm. (We cheated and combined a couple of other pics we found online till we got one we liked. Thanks for putting up with me Madre.)




This is about a week after Chris' birthday when he just started figuring out the shopping cart. I caught him a little off guard I think. He's usually much more smiley.





Tyler just needed some picture taking attention, so he wanted to show you all some of his bugs. I tried to tell him that he needed to hold it down a little so we could see his face, but he insisted he hold it up so you all could see it very well.



Chris, about a week after his birthday, just finished ravioli for lunch and now having some animal crackers! Once again looking a little confused as to why he's getting his picture taken whilst eating.



During the week of Chris' birthday Madre came to visit, and she had all sorts of great food ideas for kiddos! You are supposed to use raisins for eyes and almond slivers for ears, but they turned out okay for what ingredients we had! Ps they are pear mice, just so you know!




Once again, Grammy's animal artwork appetizer! It's a hot dog octopus, oh so easy and fun! Although the kiddo's were skeptical about the green ramen noodles!


Ty and his friend Emily eating their hot dog octopi! Woo Hoo (disregard dishwasher in background and car on table)


So here are a couple of decorations my mom and I made for Chris' birthday. I really wish there wasn't a glare on the banner because it's super awesome!!



Quilt that I made, and my mom helped finish up when she visited. It's for baby Ryan (the above pictured blond girl's baby brother). I wanted to do something that he wouldn't outgrow for awhile so it's a big quilt with big boy camo!!!





This needs no description! =)






So, when I find my card reader there are some rad pictures of the boys messing around, more food crafts, and the work that's been being done on the house. The boys have really started to play so well together in the last month. They always have, but Chris is a little more patient with Ty than he used to be, and vice versa.


Before I forget, I'm trying to write down as much stuff about the boys that I can so that I won't forget about it later. Tyler says some of the funniest stuff, but I never write it down, so I'm really truly going to try to write it and see what I have by the next post.


If anyone remembers visiting Chris in PICU he always had his legs straight up in the air. I never really understood that. He still does it all the time when he has his nighttime bottle. I'll take a pic or vid, because it's so funny when you see it. He's laying there drinking away, and just feet straight in the air. Wouldn't you think that would be too much effort, especially while eating! Also both boys always slept with their hands behind their heads like they are chillaxing, but they were much too young to understand what that means (don't know if I do!) . They would always wriggle out of their swaddling shortly after falling asleep and put their hands behind their heads. Maybe that's how they were comfortable in my belly. It's really funny to see a two or 3 month old sleeping that way.


So that's all for now. I will sincerely try to find my card reader as well as post more regularly. It is probably equally annoying for you all to read long posts as it is for me to put them together. Hope you all are well! Hugs

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Looks like you guys are doing well! P.S. I miss the hamster.

    ReplyDelete